Sunday 24 August 2014

Week 14 Mission Blue

New on Netflix is "Mission Blue" a documentary about Sylvia Earle; a prominent, kick ass, oceanographer. I was not looking for a candidate for this week's topic, totally stumbled on. It made a huge impression and has stayed with me all week.

http://mission-blue.org/

I'm happiest in the water. I'm a swimmer and I love to sail and scuba dive. Dr Earle has spent 7000 hours under the water ~ 1 year!! Over the last 50 years she has been a witness to the massive changes in the ocean caused by overfishing and climate change. I consider myself quite educated about environmental matters but I did not know that the ocean is essentially the planets lungs. Producing most of the Oxygen and collecting most of the CO2

Its not an unhappy movie (well some parts are!) It is a positive movie, we can fix it and good people are trying to.
$100



No comments:

Post a Comment